Tire Repair Services
Calgary Trusts the Tire Pirates for Their Tire Services!
Our tire services have been utilized by Calgary residents since 1991 when we were called Tireland. Back in 2006, we took over the repair shop and labeled ourselves the Tire Pirates. Since we first set sail, we strive to be the best and exceed all of our customers’ expectations. When you need to fix a flat tire or a tire rotation or replacement, you can rely on us to get you the best tires at the best prices in Calgary, AB!
Seasonal Tire Changes
Our certified tire technicians perform each seasonal changeover or swap in a timely fashion. Book your seasonal tire services with the Tire Pirates in Calgary, AB! We have two convenient locations to help you get back on the road quickly. Count on our crews in Foothills and Chinook to get your car ready, no matter the season!
Flat Tire Repair Services
Making sure your tires are reliable is essential to safe driving throughout Calgary, AB and beyond. However, not many people know how to repair a flat tire themselves. Don’t worry, mateys! Tire Pirates can repair your tires using both tire plugs and patches as recommended by the Manufacturer’s Association. Tire sidewall damage can happen by scraping or bumping into curbs or potholes, causing a weakening of the sidewall that allows air to leak from the tires slowly. It’s not something easily noticed. If you are continually filling up your tires because they are mysteriously losing air, damage to the sidewall may be the culprit. Our crew can easily spot this thanks to their professional training and years of experience. There are several different situations where a rapid or annoying slow leak can originate. Bring your car in as soon as you notice it though to allow our crew to find and repair it quickly! Below are some examples of leaks we have seen at our tire repair shops:
- Rapid Leaks: Usually, this leak happens due to a puncture from different road hazards such as nails, screws, potholes, and other penetrating objects.
- Slow Leaks: The first place to check when you notice this type of leak is the wheel bead or valve stems. Damage to these areas is where the leak usually starts.
- Bead Leaks: Corrosion on the wheel or debris around where the tire attaches to the wheel usually causes a leak because it is not allowing the tire to make an airtight seal.
Repair or Replace Tires?
Our crew at Tire Pirates will find out why your tire isn’t allowing your car to perform its best. We will decide whether we can provide a flat tire repair or if you need a tire replacement for your safety. After our assessment, it is up to you to make the final decision. We won’t make you walk the plank should you decide not to use our recommendation. No matter your make, model, or year we can help you get the best tires for your vehicle. We have the knowledge to help decide if you can repair to save money or if you need to replace your tires. Even if you need to exchange them, you can count on us to offer the best prices for all-new tires. Here are some examples of when you will need a tire replacement:
- Overlapping Repair – If you have already patched and repaired an area and it becomes a problem again for leaks, this is when you would need an overlapping repair.
- Large punctures – If you experience any holes larger than 1/4 inch in diameter for passenger cars or 3/8 inch for light trucks, your tire needs to be replaced.
- Weakened sidewalls – If any damage occurs to the sidewall, you cannot repair this area of your tire because of how it fluctuates shape during your drive.
Seasonal Tire Storage
Seasonal tire storage is safe, convenient, cost-efficient, and saves you the mess, pain, and hassle of having to do it yourself. If you don’t have room in your garage or even your basement, bring your seasonal tires to our shop, and we can store them for you throughout the year. You can also get them swapped by our professional staff when the time comes!
Call Tire Pirates Today for Stellar Tire Services!
From world-class tire service to full-scale engine repair and everything in-between, Tire Pirates is your one-stop shop for auto repair and flat tire repair in Calgary, AB. Visit one of our two locations and discover the difference of our professionalism and attention to detail when it comes to car repair and tire services. Contact our Foothills location at (403) 279-5559 or our Chinook location at (403) 640-0500 and speak to a qualified service adviser today!
What Sets Us Apart?
- Top of the Line Tires
- 25 Years in Business
- Highly-Trained Technicians
- We’ll Install, Inspect and Repair Tires
- Customer Service is Our Top Priority
Closed December 24th Thru December 28th, 2020
Open December 29th & 30th, 2020
Closed December 31st thru January 3rd, 2021
Open January 4th, 2021.
Thank you for all your support in 2020