High-Quality Rims in Calgary, AB
We Offer Steel Rims and Much More to Our Customers
Tire Pirates was established in 2006 and has steadily built a reputation for excellence throughout Calgary, AB. Rims are a specialty of ours. No matter what kind of vehicle you drive, the rims you choose are important. Not only do they make your car, truck, or SUV look better, but they also enhance performance and provide a much smoother ride. Changing the size of your vehicle’s rims can impact various factors, including alignment, handling, braking, and acceleration. We can help you select a set that will work well for your car. We have hundreds of options available in our shop, and we offer no-hassle installation. Visit us today to get started. You won’t regret your decision to work with our team on your vehicle modification.
The Benefits of Investing in Custom Rims
Aftermarket rims provide motorists with plenty of benefits beyond appearance. While bigger rims will make your car look more muscular and sportier, smaller rims will give your vehicle a svelte appearance. But there are other reasons to invest in new rims. But before you do so, you will want to consider the wheel well size, the width of the wheel, the location of the mounting plate, the vehicle’s bolt pattern, tire selection, and more. Once you have considered all of these factors, you can focus on the benefits of custom wheels, which include:
- Increased Safety: You can increase your vehicle’s safety by installing bigger rims and wheels because they provide improved handling and stopping power. Beyond appearance, security is one of the most compelling reasons for installing custom rims on your car, truck, or SUV. You’ll be far more secure on the roads as a result.
- Higher Resale Value: The car market changes all the time, but one thing remains true: Aftermarket improvements can dramatically increase your vehicle’s resale value. They will make your car, truck, or SUV more enticing to buyers and will net you a bigger return on your investment. In many cases, you can recoup the cost of the rims – and more.
- Affordability: Custom rims aren’t prohibitively expensive. You can get a complete set for under $1,000. If it sits within your budget, then it represents a significant investment. After all, as we’ve illustrated, custom rims make your car much more enticing to prospective buyers down the line and increase the amount of money you earn on a sale.
- Enhanced Maneuverability: Depending on how you drive your vehicle – or how you want to drive it – you might want a set of custom rims. There are rims explicitly designed for street racing for those with the need for speed. For those who wish to off-road, then investing in rims for that purpose is a wise decision.
The Crucial Components of a Car Rim
Before you take the step to add custom rims to your vehicle, you will want to familiarize yourself with some of the components of the rim – and the surrounding sections around it. This is a crucial step because it enables you to make the right choice for your vehicle. We can help you with this choice by leading you in the direction of the correct car rim. The relevant elements of a rim include:
- Outboard Face: The outboard face is the part of the rim that you can see when you stand outside your vehicle. People almost always select it because of its appearance, but it actually provides the necessary structural integrity for the rim.
- Center Bore: The center bore is the empty part of the rim. Usually, motorists choose to cover it with a cap, but that is not necessarily required. Leaving it open can give the rim a cool, modern appearance that will make you the envy of the road.
- Plate: The plate is the section around the center bore containing the lugs’ bolt holes. It also connects to the axle seat and the rotor. Everything else on the wheel connects to the plate, so it is essential to the rim.
- Spokes: These long, thin structures connect the plate to the edge of the rim. You’ll have various options, including four- and five-spoke options. Which one you choose will have an enormous impact on the look and feel of the rim but not the performance.
- Dish: This is an essential component of the rim. It connects to the spokes and exterior of the wheel. If you aren’t sure about where the dish is, one of Tire Pirates’ experts can help you locate it and choose a rim that meets your expectations.
How To Measure Your New Rims
There are some crucial measurements to keep in mind when selecting new rims. The first is the center bore. The second measurement is a combination of the colt pattern and the bore circle diameter. The bolt pattern is how many holes are in the rim. Four- and five-lug designs are the most common found in vehicles in Canada. As for the materials found in rims, we offer steel, aluminum, and carbon fiber. We can help you pick the one best suited for your vehicle.
Contact Tire Pirates Today
As Calgary’s leading provider of tires and rims, Tire Pirates is proud to provide invaluable services to our customers. We understand the desire to make your vehicle look and function as well as possible. Our goal is to help you achieve your aims. We have plenty of rims in stock, guaranteeing that you will find something that matches the aesthetics and function you’re attempting. To get started, either contact our team or drive your car to our location.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Top of the Line Tires
- 25 Years in Business
- Highly-Trained Technicians
- We’ll Install, Inspect and Repair Tires
- Customer Service is Our Top Priority
Closed December 24th Thru December 28th, 2020
Open December 29th & 30th, 2020
Closed December 31st thru January 3rd, 2021
Open January 4th, 2021.
Thank you for all your support in 2020