Visit the pirates for a battery test.
Our battery check will tell you if you need one. The Pirates technician will insure you get the correct battery for you and your vehicle .
Did you know?
- The average life of an automotive battery is 4-5 years.
- If your vehicle is having troubles turning over or if it doesn’t start, you may need a new battery.
- Excessive heat accelerates chemical activity and creates internal corrosion causing permanent power loss.
- Excessive cold puts stress on the battery.
- Making sure that you have a healthy battery will prolong its life cycle.
- Interstate batteries are 100% recyclable.
Batteries are a huge part of modern life. I mean, how many battery chargers do you have?
Of course, our purpose here is to talk about your car battery. When people come into TIRE PIRATES and need a new battery, they’re really not that happy about having to spend the money. But the fact is that 70 percent of batteries don’t make it for 4 years.
There are some things that you can do to extend the life of your battery. First, keep it clean. If you see it getting dirty or greasy, let us know and we can clean it off. A dirty battery runs hotter and that shortens its life. If your battery terminals are corroded, let us take a look at that too. We can clean them, and if the corrosion has gotten into the battery cables, we can replace them.
Also running your battery way down is bad for it. Things like, running the headlights or watching a DVD player with the car turned off can deeply deplete your battery. The typical battery can only take about 10 of those deep cycle depletions before it gives up.
Because we often take short trips around Calgary with lots of stops for errands, our batteries can end up not getting fully recharged just by driving around. That also shortens battery life. You can hook up a good quality automatic battery charger at home from time to time. We recommend charging once a month during hot months and every three months during cold months.
Now when it’s finally time to get a new battery, TIRE PIRATES can help you find the right replacement. We will always make sure to meet your manufacturer’s recommendations. Now if you have special needs like, live in a very cold climate or run a lot of electrical accessories, we can look at an upgrade that’ll give you the power you need.
What Sets Us Apart?
- Top of the Line Tires
- 25 Years in Business
- Highly-Trained Technicians
- We’ll Install, Inspect and Repair Tires
- Customer Service is Our Top Priority